How to Roast a Whole Head of Cauliflower
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon and Garlic is easy to prepare and is so buttery and delicious. An oven-roasted cauliflower head can be the star of the show or a healthy side dish.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ghee You can also use butter.
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced Use 3 cloves if they are small, 2 if they are large.
- 1 tsp lemon zest This comes out to be about half of a lemon.
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp salt, kosher I made this with 1 tsp salt and it seemed too salty - adjust based on your preferences.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes Just a few shakes of red pepper flakes is perfect.
Clean one head of cauliflower by removing the stem, leaves, and core and rinsing it off. Pat dry and place in a dutch oven.
Combine your ghee, olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
Microwave for 10 - 15 seconds to melt the ghee.
Slather this mixture all over your cauliflower using a silicone pastry brush or your fingers.
Bake at 400°F, covered with the lid of your dutch oven or with foil for 30 minutes.
Remove the lid/foil and bake at 425°F for an additional 15 minutes.
If your cauliflower is soft enough to pierce through with a knife, it is done. If you cannot pierce the cauliflower easily, cover and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes. Your cauliflower should be easy to pull apart.
Carefully remove from the pan and pull apart to eat/serve.
Serving: 0.3head of cauliflower | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 1029mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 94mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg