Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Crack Pretzels - The Most Addicting Snack
"Crack" Pretzels are aptly named for their addictive quality. You can't have just one! They have a ton of ranch flavor, but also have a little spice, a little garlic, and a subtly warm cinnamon undertone.
Servings: 40 (15 pretzels)
- 2 pounds mini pretzels
- 16 ounces oil I use Light Tasting Olive Oil but you can use another mild oil like Popcorn Oil, Canola Oil, or Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 - 2 teaspoons dried dill I go all in and add 2 teaspoons - if your family doesn't love ranch/pickle-y flavors, you can use less.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper I use the full two teaspoons - if you don't like spice, use one or less.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package dry ranch seasoning
Combine pretzels, oil, and seasoning.
Put it all in a giant ziplock bag or two gallon-sized bags, then shake to coat the pretzels.
Let the pretzels sit in the bags for 24 - 28 hours, shaking them a few times throughout the day to make sure they get evenly coated.
This recipe yields about 40 servings of pretzels, with 15 pretzels in each serving.
Crack pretzels last a surprisingly long time - the oil kind of acts like a preservative to keep the pretzels from getting stale. (Though they will likely get eaten up pretty quickly!) Store them in an air-tight container or just keep them in the bags that you made them in for 1 - 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this recipe be doubled or tripled?
- Try different shapes of pretzels - seasonal shapes, pretzels snaps - for a party, the cuter they look, the better right?
- Make sure to let these sit longer than you think you need to - I know after 24 hours you will want to try them - my husband did. But the full 48 hours will give you the most flavor.
- Try this with Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch - it adds a little cheesy flavor that is really good. The cheesy pretzels just won't last as long so be aware of that.
- These pretzels make a great party favor as well - you can put them in little gift bags with a festive ribbon to give to guests.
Absolutely - you can multiply this recipe and make a ton at a time for an event or party! These are a really easy snack to bring to a church party or a potluck where you need to bring a TON of something. Just be sure to multiply all of the ingredients evenly and remember your audience - if there are going to be kids and adults, you can make a spicy batch and a mild batch or one huge mild batch by leaving out the cayenne.
Can you make gluten-free crack pretzels?
You sure can! Just use your favorite gluten-free pretzels and the rest of the ingredients will be the same. Hidden Valley Original Ranch is not dairy-free, but it is gluten-free!
Serving: 26g | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg