Everything bagel seasoning is no longer just for bagels - it is literally for everything! It is equally oniony, garlicky, salty, and of course, delicious.
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Everything bagel seasoning is pretty much just the seasoning that you would expect to find on the top of a real everything bagel. It has poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, salt, dried minced garlic, and dried minced onion.
Table of Contents
🥘 Ingredient Notes
- Poppy Seeds
- Dried Minced Garlic/Garlic Flakes (not garlic powder or granulated garlic)
- Dried Minced Onion/Onion Flakes (not onion powder or granulated onion)
- Flaked Sea Salt: I like to use Maldon Salt. You want to use a salt that has large chunks; small bits of table salt will sink to the bottom and get lost in the mix.
- White Sesame Seeds
- Black Sesame Seeds
🥣 How to Make It
It is so easy to make - easier than a trip to Trader Joe's.
Put all of your ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and mix them all together. You can use it immediately!
🍳 Serving Suggestions & Uses
What can you use Everything Bagel Seasoning on? Well, on everything. The list will probably continually grow, but for now, here are some suggestions:
- Eggs (Poached, Scrambled, Fried, Hard-Boiled - Even Egg Salad or in a Frittata!)
- Sweet Potato Toast
- Avocados and Guacamole
- Smoked Salmon
- Salads and Sandwiches
- Chicken Salad
- Homemade Bread/Bagels/Pretzels
- Did I mention EVERYTHING? 😉
✏️ Helpful Tips
- Make sure you use ingredients that are similar in size - do not use table salt. It will get lost in the mix and sink to the bottom of your container - you will have no salt in some bites and a TON in others!
- I highly recommend using Maldon Flaked Salt - the big chunks are SO good.
- Keep this on hand at all times. You never know when the bagel desire will strike.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning makes a great gift! We gave away Everything Bagel Seasoning with Bayou Blast as a wedding favor!
🧄 Other Great Seasoning Recipes
DIY Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Shake to combine ingredients.
- Use on eggs, avocado, bagels, pretzels, roasted carrots, hummus - whatever your heart desires.
Nutrition information is approximate and is automatically calculated, so should only be used as a guide.