Everything bagel seasoning is no longer just for bagels - it is literally for everything! It is equally oniony, garlicky, salty, and of course, delicious.
🥯 What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Everything bagel seasoning is pretty much just the seasoning that you would expect to find on the top of a real everything bagel. It has poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, salt, dried minced garlic, and dried minced onion.
• poppy seeds
• dried minced garlic/garlic flakes (not garlic powder or granulated garlic)
• dried minced onion/onion flakes (not onion powder or granulated onion)
• flaked salt: I like to use Maldon Salt. You want to use a salt that has large chunks; small bits of table salt will sink to the bottom and get lost in the mix.
• white sesame seeds
• black sesame seeds
👩🍳 How to Make It
It is so easy to make - easier than a trip to Trader Joe's.
Put all of your ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and mix it all together. You can use it immediately!
🍽 Serving Suggestions/Uses
What can you use Everything Bagel Seasoning on? Well, on everything. The list will probably continually grow, but for now, here are some suggestions:
- Eggs (Poached, Scrambled, Fried, Hard-Boiled - Even Egg Salad!)
- Sweet Potato Toast
- Avocados and Guacamole
- Smoked Salmon
- Salads and Sandwiches
- Chicken Salad
- Homemade Bread/Bagels/Pretzels
- Did I mention EVERYTHING? 😉
- Make sure you use ingredients that are similar in size - do not use table salt. It will get lost in the mix and sink to the bottom of your container - you will have no salt in some bites and a TON in others!
- I highly recommend using Maldon Flaked Salt - the big chunks are SO good.
- Keep this on hand at all times. You never know when the bagel desire will strike.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning makes a great gift! We gave away Everything Bagel Seasoning with Bayou Blast as a wedding favor!
🧂 You Might Enjoy These Other Seasoning Recipes:
DIY Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Shake to combine ingredients.
- Use on eggs, avocado, bagels, pretzels, roasted carrots, hummus - whatever your heart desires.