Cajun seasoning is the perfect spice mix to improve any meal. It is the perfect way to add a punch of flavor to french fries, chicken, ribs, or pork.
This cajun seasoning recipe - also known as Bayou blast - is a recipe that I inherited from my mother in law. It has become a favorite of ours and we use it for so many things.
Bayou blast is a Cajun seasoning made of:
• garlic powder
• onion powder
It has a subtle heat and a ton of flavor - like most Cajun foods.
Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or other airtight container and shake to combine. You can also combine all of your ingredients in a bowl and mix them there. Just be sure to store in an airtight container.
🍽 Serving Suggestions/Uses
We use this seasoning on almost everything:
• chicken (especially instant pot chicken)
• mixed in a burger
• as a dry rub on a pork tenderloin
• on shrimp before sauteing in butter or olive oil
• as extra flavor in gumbo or red beans
• as the seasoning for chicken or shrimp in a cajun pasta
• on french fries
• on roasted sweet potatoes
• on roasted vegetables
• I have even added it to my fried chicken breading!
We also gave out little bags of Bayou Blast Cajun Seasoning at our wedding as a favor with a quote on the bag "How sweet it is to be loved Bayou."
• When you are using Bayou Blast as a dry rub, let it sit for at least 15 minutes for the meat to absorb more of the flavor.
• Store your seasoning mix in an airtight container - it will last a long time, but if you let moisture in, it can get clumpy.
🥓 You Might Also Like These Other Paleo Recipes
Have You Tried This Recipe?!
Please rate it and leave a comment below! I would love to hear what you think!
Cajun Seasoning Mix (Bayou Blast)
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar (or airtight container) and shake to combine.