In our house, we love jerk seasoning on everything. The deep flavor of allspice mixed with a little bit of heat make for a flavorful addition to every meal.
Jerk seasoning is such a delicious addition to chicken, pork, or beef – and we love it best on Instant Pot Jerk Chicken. It is Paleo, Whole30, and free of any added junk. It is also surprisingly tasty just sprinkled on roasted vegetables. We always keep a jar in the pantry.
Table of Contents
My favorite jerk seasoning is made with:
- Chili Powder
- Crushed Red Pepper Fakes
- Dried thyme
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
🥣 How to Make It
To make jerk seasoning, combine all ingredients in a mason jar or airtight container and shake well to combine. This recipe makes about 1/4 cup.
Share on FacebookShare with friends
Uses for Jerk Seasoning
My favorite things to put jerk seasoning on are chicken breasts, Chicken wings, and french fries. It creates such a flavorful crust on meat!
Our favorite meal using this seasoning is Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken with crispy sweet potato noodles from Nom Nom Paleo. Something about the pop of Jamaican Jerk flavor mixed with the rich and tasty bacon flavor on the sweet potatoes makes this combo a real winner.
More Paleo Recipes
New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Air Fryer Green Beans
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Please rate it and leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think!
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes add more if you like it hot!
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅙ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or airtight container.1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon allspice, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ⅙ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Shake well to combine and shake before each use as contents will settle.
Jerk Seasoning Tips
- Coat chicken breasts in this seasoning and cook in the oven or follow my recipe to make it in an Instant Pot.
- Keep seasoning in a sealed jar in a dark cabinet when not in use to preserve freshness.
Nutrition information is approximate and is automatically calculated, so should only be used as a guide.