Every good meal starts with a great flavor base. This homemade paleo "chicken" bouillon is full of great flavor and has no funny additives, leaving it friendly for almost every diet - Whole30, Paleo, Keto, and Vegan.
I have been making this recipe for years after I first made Paleo Ramen Zoodles in a Jar. The original version was great, but I added a little extra to take it over the top. It is perfect for adding a boost of flavor to soups, stews, and gravies and is the perfect flavoring for pressure canned chicken.
- nutritional yeast
- kosher salt (You can also use sea salt!)
- ground turmeric
- dried thyme
- dried rubbed sage
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- dried minced onion
- ground ginger
- Umami Powder: You can buy Umami powder at Trader Joe's or make your own. (Umami powder is not a mandatory ingredient - you can leave it out, but it does take the flavor to a new level.)
Save this Homemade Paleo Chicken Bouillon to your favorite Pinterest Board!
What I Love About this Recipe
- Quick: It is so easy to make - just combine all the ingredients, shake well, and it is ready to use.
- Versatile: This homemade bouillon can be used to flavor SO many different dishes.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this paleo bouillon right now and have it ready to go in your pantry for whenever you need it.
🍽 Equipment Needed
- a mason jar or airtight container
- measuring spoons
🥣 How to Make It
Homemade paleo chicken bouillon is really easy to make. Combine all of your ingredients in your mason jar or airtight container and shake well to combine. Paleo bouillon is ready for use immediately or you can keep it in an airtight container for later use.
🍳 Serving Suggestions & Uses
I like to use this paleo bouillon as a soup or stew base, to make Paleo Instant Ramen Zoodles, as a gravy base, and as the flavoring of pressure canned chicken.
You Might Also Like These Other Paleo Recipes
Can You Use Paleo Chicken Bouillon as a Substitute for Chicken Bouillon?
Paleo "chicken" bouillon is a substitute for store-bought bouillon and does not actually contain any chicken. It is simply chicken "flavored." This recipe is Paleo, Whole30 Friendly, Vegetarian, Keto, and Vegan.
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Please rate it and leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think!
Homemade Chicken Bouillon - Paleo, Sugar-Free
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt can also use sea salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon umami powder You can buy this at Trader Joe's or make your own! (This is also not a mandatory ingredient - you can leave it out.)
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or other airtight container.
- Shake well to combine the ingredients and use as needed!
Nutrition information is approximate and is automatically calculated, so should only be used as a guide.