Rice pilaf is one of my favorite comfort foods. This Near East copycat is flavorful, light, and made in the Instant Pot – the rice is always perfectly fluffy.
Rice pilaf has always been one of my favorite side dishes – coming from a box, it was fast and easy to make. This recipe is just as quick to make and you likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry. I like this homemade version because it doesn’t have any extra sodium or preservatives!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
• Long Grain or White Rice
• Chicken Broth (Use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian)
• Kosher Salt
• Dried Minced Onion
🥣 How to Make It
Making rice pilaf in an Instant Pot is SO easy. All you need to do is add your orzo, rice, salt, pepper, garlic, butter, turmeric, onions, and water to your Instant Pot and stir it up. (Pictures 1 – 5)
Then, put the lid on, close the vent, and press the “Rice” button. If your Instant Pot does not have a “Rice” button, just press “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” and set your Instant Pot to low pressure for 12 minutes. (Pictures 6 – 7) When the time is up, let the pressure release naturally and then fluff the rice with a fork and garnish with parsley. (Pictures 8 – 9)
This rice could not be any easier to make and is always a crowd-pleaser! If you do not have an Instant Pot, here is my recipe to make rice pilaf on the stove.
✏️ Helpful Tips
• Cut your butter up into small chunks before starting your Instant Pot. It will melt more evenly into the rice that way.
• Rinse your rice before cooking. I usually rinse mine in a fine mesh strainer/sieve until the water runs clear.
• When reheating leftover rice in the microwave, cover with a damp towel to add moisture back to the rice.
🍲 Other Great Instant Pot Recipes
• Instant Pot White Rice
• Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken
• Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken
• Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Please rate it and leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think!
Copycat Near East Rice Pilaf – Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon butter, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth for vegetarian, vegetable broth will work well also
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white or long grain rice
- ⅓ cup orzo you can use raw orzo or leftover cooked orzo
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt I actually like to add a little closer to 1 tsp, but it can be too salty for some.
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- Add butter, broth, water, rice, orzo, garlic, and all spices to your Instant Pot.
- Mix everything together.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Press the "Rice" button or set the Instant Pot to "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" mode on low pressure for 12 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure release naturally.
- Fluff with a fork to serve.
Nutrition information is approximate and is automatically calculated, so should only be used as a guide.
This made the perfect dinner!! Thank you for sharing.
This Pilaf Recipe looks so good! I love how easy it is to make!
There is nothing better than an instant pot recipe! I loved the flavors of it too, thank you!
I love this rice! I am so glad you shared the recipe for a homemade version! So good!
This is so so easy and so good! I love having another recipe to add to my instant pot collection. Thanks!