Rice pilaf is one of my favorite comfort foods. This Near East copycat is flavorful, light, and made in the Instant Pot - the rice is always perfectly fluffy.
Rice pilaf has always been one of my favorite side dishes - coming from a box, it was fast and easy to make. This recipe is just as quick to make and you likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry. I like this homemade version because it doesn't have any extra sodium or preservatives!
🥘 Ingredient Notes
• Long Grain or White Rice
• Chicken Broth (Use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian)
• Kosher Salt
• Dried Minced Onion
🥣 How to Make It
Making rice pilaf in an Instant Pot is SO easy. All you need to do is add your orzo, rice, salt, pepper, garlic, butter, turmeric, onions, and water to your Instant Pot and stir it up. (Pictures 1 - 5)
Then, put the lid on, close the vent, and press the "Rice" button. If your Instant Pot does not have a "Rice" button, just press "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" and set your Instant Pot to low pressure for 12 minutes. (Pictures 6 - 7) When the time is up, let the pressure release naturally and then fluff the rice with a fork and garnish with parsley. (Pictures 8 - 9)
This rice could not be any easier to make and is always a crowd-pleaser! If you do not have an Instant Pot, here is my recipe to make rice pilaf on the stove.
✏️ Helpful Tips
• Cut your butter up into small chunks before starting your Instant Pot. It will melt more evenly into the rice that way.
• Rinse your rice before cooking. I usually rinse mine in a fine mesh strainer/sieve until the water runs clear.
• When reheating leftover rice in the microwave, cover with a damp towel to add moisture back to the rice.
🍲 Other Great Instant Pot Recipes
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Please rate it and leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think!
Copycat Near East Rice Pilaf - Instant Pot
- Add butter, broth, water, rice, orzo, garlic, and all spices to your Instant Pot.
- Mix everything together.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Press the "Rice" button or set the Instant Pot to "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" mode on low pressure for 12 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure release naturally.
- Fluff with a fork to serve.
Nutrition information is approximate and is automatically calculated, so should only be used as a guide.